* fyi, "Cool", a new language.
@ 1999-02-13  0:00 mike
From: mike @ 1999-02-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I guess Ada is not going to be the language that MS will use next.

MS is comming up with a new language called "Cool".  read all about it:

http://www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/news/0,4538,2208820,00.html

I expect to start seeing job ads. asking for 5 years Cool programming
expierence any time soon...

Mike.
A "Cool" programmer.

* Re: fyi, "Cool", a new language.
@ 1999-02-14  0:00 ` robert_dewar
From: robert_dewar @ 1999-02-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7a5u4s$a14@drn.newsguy.com>,
  mike@world.nospam.com wrote:

> I guess Ada is not going to be the language that MS will
> use next.
>
> MS is comming up with a new language called "Cool".  read
> all about it:

There are many such research efforts going on all the time.
Don't pay too much attention at this stage. Another
interesting thread at Microsoft is the whole "intensional
programming" effort, another attempt to crack the
extensible syntax-free language barrier :-)

* Re: fyi, "Cool", a new language.
@ 1999-02-16  0:00 ` steve quinlan
From: steve quinlan @ 1999-02-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

mike@world.nospam.com wrote:

> MS is comming up with a new language called "Cool".  read all about it:

God help us.

* Re: fyi, "Cool", a new language.
@ 1999-02-17  0:00   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 1999-02-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

steve quinlan a �crit dans le message <36C9CB8F.1BCC2127@lmco.com>...
>mike@world.nospam.com wrote:
>
>> MS is comming up with a new language called "Cool".  read all about it:
>
>God help us.

No read the paper, Cool is the commercial name for Microsoft Ada technology.

Well, anyway it is something a friend of mine told me.

He would not have lie to me, would he :-) ?

Pascal.

* Re: fyi, "Cool", a new language.
@ 1999-02-18  0:00 ` Dave Wood
From: Dave Wood @ 1999-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

mike@world.nospam.com wrote:

> I guess Ada is not going to be the language that MS will use next.
>
> MS is comming up with a new language called "Cool".  read all about it:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/news/0,4538,2208820,00.html
>
> I expect to start seeing job ads. asking for 5 years Cool programming
> expierence any time soon...

Reliable sources indicate that this story does not
bear any resemblance to reality.  My own recent
experiences with this publication would support that
analysis.

So, you can continue to dream that MS will wake
up and smell the java... erp... the Ada.  Hope
springs eternal.

-- Dave Wood, Aonix
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- http://www.aonix.com

* Re: fyi, "Cool", a new language.
@ 1999-02-18  0:00     ` Chris Miller
From: Chris Miller @ 1999-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)