* graphics in ada
@ 1999-02-17  0:00 Dizon L.
From: Dizon L. @ 1999-02-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm a beginner interested in making graphics programmes in ada. Can someone
tell how should I start? I should have a graphics library first?

* graphics in ada
@ 2003-10-07 20:03 Andrew
From: Andrew @ 2003-10-07 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I was taking ada cources in college (Ada88 if i remember correctly)
my professor said that graphics were not possible in Ada.  Has this
changed? If so to what degree?
Can I create a program, in ada, that will open a window have the
backround be black, and have it draw a maze where the walls of the maze
are just thin blue lines (2 or 3 pixels thick) .. obviously nothing
fancy or 3d generated..
is this possible in ada?

I have been doing some googling and am getting kind of mixed signals on
the answer.

Thanks for any help
Andrew

* graphics in ADA
@ 2001-10-24 10:07 Phosphorus
From: Phosphorus @ 2001-10-24 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to obtain a graphic representation of a matrix of colours, can
somenoe tell me  wich is the way to obtain it?
Tank you for your help
Phosphorus .

* Graphics in ADA
@ 1999-03-03  0:00 William E. Huttemann Jr.
From: William E. Huttemann Jr. @ 1999-03-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know how to implement VGA graphics in ADA? I am a new ADA
programmer and I am learning from a book by John English called "ada 95 -
The craft of object oriented programming". The book states nothing about
graphics programming. I'm assuming you have to write your own packages to
access the graphics memory of the computer. But, alas, I also cannot find
any information on how to access memory locations in ADA. One last thing -
according to information I've read concerning ADA, it's possible to
interface with other languages (such as C) and make use of their libraries.
Is this correct? Any information would be appreciated.

Bill Huttemann

* Re: graphics in ada
@ 1999-02-18  0:00 Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1999-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I'm a beginner interested in making graphics programmes in ada. Can someone
>tell how should I start? I should have a graphics library first?

There are for Windows (adagraph), Linux, bindings to OpenGL, X-window,...

In "my" area (GNAT/DOS - 32-bit DPMI):

vgapck07 - basic VGA
svga02   - basic SVGA - very "pro"; detects linear VESA 2 but uses VESA 1.x as well,
           drawing in buffers, fast, reliable!
graph    - multi-device layer (-> slower) for SVGA, VGA, PostScript, EPSF, DXF;
           pixel coordinates & floating-point definable areas, vectorial fonts,
           supersets Borland/Turbo Pascal's version,... and not fully complete

The 3 come with complete sources.
The 2 first come with ez2load gnat/dos pack;
for the last one see my "software" page...

--
Gautier

--------
Homepage: http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/Montmollin.html
Software: http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/Gaut_FTP.htm

* Re: Graphics in Ada
@ 1998-04-11  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1998-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>things as draw a line and draw a circle for instance? I'm interested in
If you are using Claw to run with MS Windows you might choose:
    procedure Line_to(Easel : in Claw.Root_Canvas_Type'Class;
                      Pos   : in Claw.Point_Type);
        -- Draws a line from the current position to Pos with the
        -- current pen.
        -- Raises:
        --      Not_Valid_Error if the canvas object is not valid.
        --      Windows_Error if Windows generates an error.

    procedure Ellipse(Easel : in Claw.Root_Canvas_Type'Class;
                      Rect  : in Claw.Rectangle_Type);
        -- Draws an Ellipse inside of Rect with the current pen,
        -- and filling the interior with the current brush.
        -- Raises:
        --      Not_Valid_Error if the canvas object is not valid.
        --      Windows_Error if Windows generates an error.
If you are running the control systems of a 737 and trying to use
it as a skywriter, I suppose you need to set the control surfaces
differently for straight lines, loops, and circles, but I don't
know the Ada calls in that environment.  (Perhaps you could wait
for Windows CE controlled airliners and then use Claw? #.#)
  What environment did you have in mind?

* Graphics in Ada
@ 1998-04-10  0:00 d97sund
From: d97sund @ 1998-04-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I wonder what you do if you want to make graphical applications in Ada. Can
you use Ada to make advanced graphical applications? How do I do such simple
things as draw a line and draw a circle for instance? I'm interested in
everything from simple graphics to advanced graphics.

Thank you!

/Mattias

* Re: Graphics in ada
@ 1994-10-16  4:07 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1994-10-16  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I was wondering how well Ada could handle displaying graphics.
There's Ada source code using VESA PC graphics on Compuserve,
IBMPRO forum, VESA library in both VESTGA.ZIP and VESDM1.ZIP.
Of course if you just want to display the things Windows has
APIs for, you need merely make the relevant Windows call.  You
haven't mentioned what hardware, OS, or compiler platforms your
questions pertain to.

* Graphics in ada
@ 1994-10-15 11:42 Dr Snow
From: Dr Snow @ 1994-10-15 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,
	I was wondering how well ada could handel displaying graphics..

eg..
	small logo,
	large text
	small text
	boxes filled and empty.
	and different colours..
	in different windows or pages

	and which version of ada is best for writing this sorta stuff in ?

Thanks in advance

paul

--
Paul Snow

	"Omnia Vincit Amor"

	"The key to imortality is first live a life worth remembering"

* Graphics in Ada
@ 1990-11-10  4:58 Oliver Mullarney
From: Oliver Mullarney @ 1990-11-10  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been out of the Ada world for a while, and am curious as to the status
of GKS, which I used extensively when I worked with Ada. As I recall, GKS
was adopted as the 'official' graphics system for Ada, the main reson being
portability.

Has anything else (Phigs, X etc.) usurped GKS? Does anyone actually use it,
or does everyone doing graphics work write a binding to the native graphics
system for the hardware platform of choice?

  Oliver Mullarney

| Oliver Mullarney     |         "If you're not for the people,              |
| Oracle Corporation   |          you can't buy the people - Lincoln"        |
| omullarn@oracle.com  |                                   Big Boy Caprice   |
 --------------- "Universally acknowledged to work just fine" ----------------