From: mcc@entropy.cs.princeton.edu (Martin C. Carlisle)
Subject: Re: c/c++ now safer than Ada. a new tool.
Date: 1999/02/17
Date: 1999-02-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7af49j$hti@drn.newsguy.com>,  <mike@beenthere.nospam.com> wrote:
>The software is an automatic code reviewer.
>The client plugs their source code into their software
>and it will create a database that shows you what bugs
>you have and prioritizes them."

Now I've heard everything.  You ask "who needs Ada?"  Who needs anything?
It obviously can read my mind to know what the code is supposed to be
doing.

Even C/C++ and a lint tool together could *at best* approximate Ada's
type safety.

--Martin

--
Martin C. Carlisle, Asst Prof of Computer Science, US Air Force Academy
mcc@cs.usafa.af.mil, http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html