From: "Pascal Obry" <p.obry@der.edf.fr>
Subject: Re: Creating COM objects with Ada
Date: 1999/02/17
Date: 1999-02-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com a �crit dans le message
<7a9nk2$rck$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>In article <36C778DD.1318C256@easystreet.com>,
>  Al Christians <achrist@easystreet.com> wrote:
>> > Yes, this is definitely possible with the current
>> > version (3.10?) of
>> > GNAT. It is possible, though difficult and requires
>> > some fiddling in  3.09.
>
>Well, as anyone familiar with this area knows, there are
>lots of aspects (resources, relocatability, various
>language issues, wrapping variables, stdcall interface etc)
>to be dealt with in the DLL world, and it is certainly
>the case that successive versions of GNAT have greater
>capability in this area, but the statement above is most
>certainly true, it was possible to build DLL's as early
>as version 3.09.

I completly agree with Robert here.

I have been able to build DLL with GNAT 3.09, 3.10 and 3.11.

Each time it is getting a bit simpler though and GNAT handles more
DLL specific stuff.

Anyway this is not GNAT specific at all. GNAT is based on GCC and it
has been possible to build DLLs with CYGNUS GCC since a long time.

So I'm pretty sure that it was also possible to build DLL with earlier
version of GNAT, but I've never done that.

Pascal.