* Re: AWS -> Ada -> MySql
@ 2003-11-11 15:26 ` Patrice Freydiere
From: Patrice Freydiere @ 2003-11-11 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

there is the GNADE project that provides you native Mysql Access. It's
simple to use.

Patrice

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:02:12 +0000, Andy wrote:

> I am looking to create a MySql database connecting to an Ada program
> capable of administering the database, which in turn will be hosted
> using Ada Web Server.
>
> Is this even possible?
>
> The MySql database is not a problem to create, but currently i am
> struggling to figure how the Ada can control the database. Has anyone
> had any success in this field?
>
> Thanks.

* AWS -> Ada -> MySql
@ 2003-11-11 16:02 Andy
From: Andy @ 2003-11-11 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-11-11 17:52 ` Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
From: Warren W. Gay VE3WWG @ 2003-11-11 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy wrote:
> I am looking to create a MySql database connecting to an Ada program
> capable of administering the database, which in turn will be hosted
> using Ada Web Server.
>
> Is this even possible?
>
> The MySql database is not a problem to create, but currently i am
> struggling to figure how the Ada can control the database. Has anyone
> had any success in this field?

What do you mean by "Ada can control the database?"  If you are
talking about a client program in Ada using a MySQL database, then
you can use the APQ library (see prominent link on my home page
below). APQ makes it very simple to do SQL queries on a PostgreSQL
and/or MySQL database in natural Ada terms, without any
source code preprocessing. I would think that this would be a
trivial thing to do from the "Ada Web Server".

If instead you are speaking about _administering_ a MySQL database
from an Ada program, then you'll need to look elsewhere. APQ presently
only performs "client" related functions, not administration/server
functions.

--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg

* Re: AWS -> Ada -> MySql
@ 2003-11-25 18:10   ` Andy
From: Andy @ 2003-11-25 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:<0l9sb.7368$fB3.462108@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Andy wrote:
> > I am looking to create a MySql database connecting to an Ada program
> > capable of administering the database, which in turn will be hosted
> > using Ada Web Server.
> >
> > Is this even possible?
> >
> > The MySql database is not a problem to create, but currently i am
> > struggling to figure how the Ada can control the database. Has anyone
> > had any success in this field?
>
> What do you mean by "Ada can control the database?"  If you are
> talking about a client program in Ada using a MySQL database, then
> you can use the APQ library (see prominent link on my home page
> below). APQ makes it very simple to do SQL queries on a PostgreSQL
> and/or MySQL database in natural Ada terms, without any
> source code preprocessing. I would think that this would be a
> trivial thing to do from the "Ada Web Server".
>
> If instead you are speaking about _administering_ a MySQL database
> from an Ada program, then you'll need to look elsewhere. APQ presently
> only performs "client" related functions, not administration/server
> functions.

excellent thank you, i'm looking at the GNADE project, but am also
interested in other ways such as yours, thanks for highlighting it to
me.  I'll go have a look at it.
andy.