From: Mark Lorenzen <mark.lorenzen@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: gnat-2017 - ZFP add tasking support
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 03:28:40 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2017-06-29T03:28:40-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 11:09:54 AM UTC+2, alby....@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Mark and Simon
>
> Thanks for your valued advise, Option 2) was a lot easier to implement than I
> thought it would be. However in removing the "restricted" functions, and I
> believe this centres around the SEH (ie exception handling API's such as
> RtlVirtualUnwind and RtlCaptureContext) I have inadvertently screwed up Ada's
> exception handling !
>
> I'll try and dig deeper and analyse the issue more deeply, But if anyone could
> give me pointers on the SEH code in "raise_gcc.c", "unwind_seh.c" and
> "traceback.c", that would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

"unwind", "traceback" etc. sound like stack unwinding and traceback in case of exceptions.

Have you tried building the RTS (and an application using the RTS) with pragma Restrictions (No_Exception_Propagation) or pragma Restrictions (No_Exception_Handlers)? See section 3.1 in the document I linked to. Restriction exception mechanism will of course not provide you with the full Ada exception mechanism, but may be good enough for your purpose.

Regards,

Mark L