* SPARK and Ada books and journals I no longer require
@ 2019-01-11  5:40 Phil Thornley
From: Phil Thornley @ 2019-01-11  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Before they get recycled, I'm listing here SPARK and Ada books and journals no longer required.

Available at cost of carriage, or pick up for free (UK - Manchester).

Phil Thornley

SPARK Books
===========

Barnes: High Integrity Ada The SPARK Approach (H/B 1997)
   3 copies - one as new, signed by John Barnes and Bernard Carré

Barnes: High Integrity Software The SPARK Approach to Safety and Security (H/B 2003)
   2 copies - one as new, signed by John Barnes

Barnes: SPARK The proven approach to High Integrity Software (2012)
   2 copies - one H/B as new, signed by John Barnes
              one P/B

McCormick, Chapin: Building High Integrity Applications with SPARK (P/B 2015)

Ada Books
=========

Barnes: Programming in Ada 95
          2nd Edition (P/B 1998)
          1st Edition (P/B 1995)

Cohen: Ada as a Second Language (Ada 95 version) (P/B 1996)

Burns, Wellings: Real-Time Systems and Programming Languages
                    3rd Edition (H/B 2001)
                    2nd Edition (P/B 1996)

Burns, Wellings: Concurrency in Ada (H/B 1995)

Feldman: Software Construction and Data Structures with Ada95 (P/B 1996)

Feldman, Koffman: Ada95 Problem Solving and Program Design 2nd Edition (P/B 1996)

Booch: Software Engineering with Ada 2nd Edition (P/B 1986)

Ada Journals
============

Ada Letters
   Volumes XI/5 to XXVI/2
   Missing:   XVII/6
              XXVII/1

Ada User Journal
    Volumes 24/1 to 39/1
    Missing   24/4
              25/1
              37/1&2

Other Software Engineering Books
================================

Meyer: Object-Oriented Software Construction (P/B 1988)

Meyer: Object-Oriented Software Construction  Second Edition (P/B 1997)

Gamma, Helm, Johnson, Vlissides: Design Patterns (H/B 1995)

Coad, Yourdon: Object-Oriented Analysis (H/B 1990)

DeMarco: Structured Analysis and System Specification (P/B 1978)

Morgan: Programming from Specifications (P/B 1990)

Ince: An Introduction to Discrete Mathematics, Formal System Specification and Z (2nd Ed, P/B 1992)

Storey: Safety-Critical Computer Systems (H/B 1996)

Neumann: Computer Related Risks (P/B 1995)

Leveson: Safeware (H/B 1995)

* Re: SPARK and Ada books and journals I no longer require
@ 2019-05-22 12:51 ` larrea.mikel
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: larrea.mikel @ 2019-05-22 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I Don't know if it's too late, but I would be interested in the following books. Are they available?

- McCormick, Chapin: Building High Integrity Applications with SPARK (P/B 2015)

- Barnes: SPARK The proven approach to High Integrity Software (2012)

- Burns, Wellings: Real-Time Systems and Programming Languages
                    3rd Edition (H/B 2001)

Thanks in advance.

* Re: SPARK and Ada books and journals I no longer require
@ 2019-05-26 23:05 ` vincent.diemunsch
From: vincent.diemunsch @ 2019-05-26 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Mr Thornley,

What an impressive collection of good books !.
If you still have them available, I would be interested by the followings :

> Ada Books
> =========
> Burns, Wellings: Real-Time Systems and Programming Languages
>                     3rd Edition (H/B 2001)
>
> Feldman: Software Construction and Data Structures with Ada95 (P/B 1996)
>
> Feldman, Koffman: Ada95 Problem Solving and Program Design 2nd Edition (P/B 1996)
>
> Booch: Software Engineering with Ada 2nd Edition (P/B 1986)
>

> Other Software Engineering Books
> ================================
>
> Meyer: Object-Oriented Software Construction  Second Edition (P/B 1997)
>
> Gamma, Helm, Johnson, Vlissides: Design Patterns (H/B 1995)
>
> Coad, Yourdon: Object-Oriented Analysis (H/B 1990)
>
> DeMarco: Structured Analysis and System Specification (P/B 1978)
>
> Ince: An Introduction to Discrete Mathematics, Formal System Specification and Z (2nd Ed, P/B 1992)
>
> Storey: Safety-Critical Computer Systems (H/B 1996)
>
> Neumann: Computer Related Risks (P/B 1995)

Regards,

Vincent

* Re: SPARK and Ada books and journals I no longer require
@ 2019-05-27  5:49 ` obyrneaustin
From: obyrneaustin @ 2019-05-27  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, 11 January 2019 05:40:09 UTC, Phil Thornley  wrote:
> Before they get recycled, I'm listing here SPARK and Ada books and journals no longer required.
>
> Available at cost of carriage, or pick up for free (UK - Manchester).
>
> Phil Thornley
>

> SPARK Books
> ===========
>
> Barnes: High Integrity Ada The SPARK Approach (H/B 1997)
>    3 copies - one as new, signed by John Barnes and Bernard Carré
>
> Barnes: High Integrity Software The SPARK Approach to Safety and Security (H/B 2003)
>    2 copies - one as new, signed by John Barnes
>
> Barnes: SPARK The proven approach to High Integrity Software (2012)
>    2 copies - one H/B as new, signed by John Barnes
>               one P/B
>
> McCormick, Chapin: Building High Integrity Applications with SPARK (P/B 2015)
>

> Ada Books
> =========
>
> Barnes: Programming in Ada 95
>           2nd Edition (P/B 1998)
>           1st Edition (P/B 1995)
>
> Cohen: Ada as a Second Language (Ada 95 version) (P/B 1996)
>
> Burns, Wellings: Real-Time Systems and Programming Languages
>                     3rd Edition (H/B 2001)
>                     2nd Edition (P/B 1996)
>
> Burns, Wellings: Concurrency in Ada (H/B 1995)
>
> Feldman: Software Construction and Data Structures with Ada95 (P/B 1996)
>
> Feldman, Koffman: Ada95 Problem Solving and Program Design 2nd Edition (P/B 1996)
>
> Booch: Software Engineering with Ada 2nd Edition (P/B 1986)
>

> Ada Journals
> ============
>
> Ada Letters
>    Volumes XI/5 to XXVI/2
>    Missing:   XVII/6
>               XXVII/1
>
> Ada User Journal
>     Volumes 24/1 to 39/1
>     Missing   24/4
>               25/1
>               37/1&2
>
> Other Software Engineering Books
> ================================
>
> Meyer: Object-Oriented Software Construction (P/B 1988)
>
> Meyer: Object-Oriented Software Construction  Second Edition (P/B 1997)
>
> Gamma, Helm, Johnson, Vlissides: Design Patterns (H/B 1995)
>
> Coad, Yourdon: Object-Oriented Analysis (H/B 1990)
>
> DeMarco: Structured Analysis and System Specification (P/B 1978)
>
> Morgan: Programming from Specifications (P/B 1990)
>
> Ince: An Introduction to Discrete Mathematics, Formal System Specification and Z (2nd Ed, P/B 1992)
>
> Storey: Safety-Critical Computer Systems (H/B 1996)
>
> Neumann: Computer Related Risks (P/B 1995)
>
> Leveson: Safeware (H/B 1995)

I would be very interested in an Ada-2012 compiler and suitable study book to go with it if you have something suitable for a person wanting to upadte to amore recent compiler. Any chance of you possessing the most recent compiler on a CD Rom if this is not Ada-2012 ?

Adacrypt

* Re: SPARK and Ada books and journals I no longer require
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-05-29 18:23 ` Rabican
From: Rabican @ 2019-05-29 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:40:09 AM UTC-5, Phil Thornley wrote:
> Before they get recycled, I'm listing here SPARK and Ada books and journals no longer required.
>
> Available at cost of carriage, or pick up for free (UK - Manchester).
>
> Phil Thornley
>

> SPARK Books
> ===========
>
> Barnes: High Integrity Ada The SPARK Approach (H/B 1997)
>    3 copies - one as new, signed by John Barnes and Bernard Carré
>
> Barnes: High Integrity Software The SPARK Approach to Safety and Security (H/B 2003)
>    2 copies - one as new, signed by John Barnes
>
> Barnes: SPARK The proven approach to High Integrity Software (2012)
>    2 copies - one H/B as new, signed by John Barnes
>               one P/B
>
> McCormick, Chapin: Building High Integrity Applications with SPARK (P/B 2015)
>

> Ada Books
> =========
>
> Barnes: Programming in Ada 95
>           2nd Edition (P/B 1998)
>           1st Edition (P/B 1995)
>
> Cohen: Ada as a Second Language (Ada 95 version) (P/B 1996)
>
> Burns, Wellings: Real-Time Systems and Programming Languages
>                     3rd Edition (H/B 2001)
>                     2nd Edition (P/B 1996)
>
> Burns, Wellings: Concurrency in Ada (H/B 1995)
>
> Feldman: Software Construction and Data Structures with Ada95 (P/B 1996)
>
> Feldman, Koffman: Ada95 Problem Solving and Program Design 2nd Edition (P/B 1996)
>
> Booch: Software Engineering with Ada 2nd Edition (P/B 1986)
>

> Ada Journals
> ============
>
> Ada Letters
>    Volumes XI/5 to XXVI/2
>    Missing:   XVII/6
>               XXVII/1
>
> Ada User Journal
>     Volumes 24/1 to 39/1
>     Missing   24/4
>               25/1
>               37/1&2
>
> Other Software Engineering Books
> ================================
>
> Meyer: Object-Oriented Software Construction (P/B 1988)
>
> Meyer: Object-Oriented Software Construction  Second Edition (P/B 1997)
>
> Gamma, Helm, Johnson, Vlissides: Design Patterns (H/B 1995)
>
> Coad, Yourdon: Object-Oriented Analysis (H/B 1990)
>
> DeMarco: Structured Analysis and System Specification (P/B 1978)
>
> Morgan: Programming from Specifications (P/B 1990)
>
> Ince: An Introduction to Discrete Mathematics, Formal System Specification and Z (2nd Ed, P/B 1992)
>
> Storey: Safety-Critical Computer Systems (H/B 1996)
>
> Neumann: Computer Related Risks (P/B 1995)
>
> Leveson: Safeware (H/B 1995)

What is the best book for learning ada now?