From: "Paul" <pcas1986@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Ada & OS/2
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:01:07 GMT
Date: 2004-02-21T04:01:07+00:00	[thread overview]

Does  anyone know what happened to the Alsys OS/2 Ada compiler (& toolset)
after Alsys folded?  I know the Win NT & Unix versions got picked up by
Aonix but I have never seen any mention of the OS/2 version on their
website.  I wrote several Ada programs for OS/2 that are still in use but
the current version of OS/2 (V4.5 convenience pack) crashes when running any
of these programs.  I dug out a copy of the compiler and it will not run at
all - not the install program, the compiler or any of my old ada
executables - not even the "Hello world" one liner.  Obviously there is a
major mismatch somewhere - perhaps in the system dlls.

Ok - I know OS/2 is dead but some are still running it and my client is one.

Our copies of the compiler are V5.5 circa 1995.  I had heard there was a
later version 5.6 maybe.

Is anyone still using this compiler?  Was there a later version?  TIA

Paul