From: news1.gsfc.nasa.gov!bambam!nbssal@g.ms.uky.edu  (Stephe Leake)
Subject: integers and bit-wise logical operators; examples please
Date: 7 Apr 93 14:42:00 GMT	[thread overview]

Last week, someone posted a request for a package that provides bit-wise
logical operators on integers. I responded by saying I hope nobody had such a
beastie, that mixing these two abstactions is not a good idea. Since then, a
couple people have written (e-mailed?) me privately, and a good discussion has
ensued. However, I'd like more examples of applications that mix these
abstractions. So:

Would anyone who has an application that uses bit-wise logical operators on
integers please send me a description and/or code? I'll summarize and post.

Stephen Leake	NASA Goddard Robotics Lab
internet : nbssal@robots.gsfc.nasa.gov