From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Vads Greenhills conversion
Date: 1999/02/09
Date: 1999-02-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <36BF90B7.A1D093E7@trw.com>,
  Jason Dorsett - FF <Jason.Dorsett@trw.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know of any tools that would help convert a program built
> with a Vads compiler into a greenhills buildable program.?

I assume you are talking the GreenHills Ada95 compiler.

After long consultations w/ GreenHills I managed to ascertain that they
provide *no* automated way to create the .bld files that their compiler uses.
The best way to handle their libraries seems to be to create the build files
along with the source code, and maintain them in your revision control along
with your sources. But that doesn't help you a bit (as it didn't help us) if
you already have hundreds of files you want to compile.

What I ended up doing is creating a tcl script (NT ".bat" files are useless)
to create .bld files based on ".ads" and ".adb" files checked into our
revision control system (ClearCase).

You will also have an Ada83 vs. Ada95 issue going from a VADS compiler.

T.E.D.