From: robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Re: Looking for implementation idea
Date: 1999/02/08
Date: 1999-02-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <79n3bi$6bu$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  dennison@telepath.com wrote:
> Isn't it possible that a compiler implementing that annex
> has a default dispatching policy (not
> FIFO_Within_Priorities of course) that doesn't make this
> guarantee? I suppose you could force it to work on said
> system (again,
> on a single processor), by specifing FIFO_* policy rather
> than using the
> default.

Obviously (or at least I thought it was obvious from my
post), the kind of programs I am talking about are not
about to be run with a completely system dependent
undefined dispatching policy (if they do this they are
of course completely system dependent, and not even
vaguely portable).

So I am of course assuming that you include the
appropriate Dispatching_Policy pragma.

A program that depends on the dispatching policy and
does not specify the policy is a very dubious program!

Of course most programs do NOT depend on the dispatching
policy and that is just fine.