From: "Nick Roberts" <Nick.Roberts@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: tasking in Ada and Annex D question
Date: 1999/02/03
Date: 1999-02-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

To quote chapter and verse, RM95 D.2.2 [7] states

... The language defines only one dispatching policy,
FIFO_Within_Priorities; when this policy is in effect, modifications to the
ready queues occur only as follows ...

with the emphasis on "only", the list that follows this clause does not
include any timed pre-emption.

It does, however, include the 'delay' statement, so (as another poster
mentioned, I think), if you pop in a 'delay 0.0;' statement just after (say)
the I/O operation, you'll get a nice alternation of task activation.

Nick Roberts

robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<797hoc$j3v$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
[...]