* c2ada for Linux, has anyone got it to run on Linux?
@ 1999-02-02  0:00 nabbasi
From: nabbasi @ 1999-02-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

has anyone get c2ada to run on Linux?

I finsihed building it on Linux (after much tweeking) , but it
failes to run (seems like python library problem) :

This is the final link step:

$gcc  ada_types.o aux_decls.o cbfe.o comment.o configure.o context.o fix_stmt.o
 gen.o gen_stmt.o gen_expr.o gen_macros.o ada_perf.o ada_name.o format.o
 initializer.o order.o print.o y.tab.o scan.o nodeop.o package.o c_perf.o
 types.o stab.o stmt.o symset.o units.o anonymous.o localfunc.o libcbind.a \
                 config.o  -L/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload
 -L/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-stdwin -L/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-tk
 -L/usr/lib/python1.5/config -lpython1.5 -lm -lnsl -ldl -lm  -o cbfe

$./cbfe
symset.c, line 54, Assertion Failed: pymod_Symbol

    pymod_Symbol = PyImport_ImportModule("Symbol");
    assert(pymod_Symbol);    ----> this fires

c2ada uses pyhton. which I know very little about.

It seems work on this tool has stopped sometime ago, since this page
was last updated in 1996.

http://www.inmet.com/~mg/c2ada/c2ada.html

if someone did make it to run, please let me know. and I'll continue
working on this. I'd like to also package this into an RPM when done with
it. it seems like it would be usefull tool to have on Linux.

Nasser

* Re: c2ada for Linux, has anyone got it to run on Linux?
@ 1999-02-03  0:00 ` Alex Maranda
From: Alex Maranda @ 1999-02-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

nabbasi@earthlink.net wrote:

> hi,
>
> has anyone get c2ada to run on Linux?
>
> I finsihed building it on Linux (after much tweeking) , but it
> failes to run (seems like python library problem) :
>
> This is the final link step:
>
> $gcc  ada_types.o aux_decls.o cbfe.o comment.o configure.o context.o fix_stmt.o
>  gen.o gen_stmt.o gen_expr.o gen_macros.o ada_perf.o ada_name.o format.o
>  initializer.o order.o print.o y.tab.o scan.o nodeop.o package.o c_perf.o
>  types.o stab.o stmt.o symset.o units.o anonymous.o localfunc.o libcbind.a \
>                  config.o  -L/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload
>  -L/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-stdwin -L/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-tk
>  -L/usr/lib/python1.5/config -lpython1.5 -lm -lnsl -ldl -lm  -o cbfe
>

> $./cbfe
> symset.c, line 54, Assertion Failed: pymod_Symbol
>
>     pymod_Symbol = PyImport_ImportModule("Symbol");
>     assert(pymod_Symbol);    ----> this fires
>
> c2ada uses pyhton. which I know very little about.
Looks like you have an import problem; modules in python are imported
from a list of paths specified by the sys.path variable. How to fix:
1. search in the installation a Symbol.py file (or Symbol.so, could be a
shared object written in C). Locate its path.
2. export PYTHONPATH=<path to file> (or setenv, whatever)
3. ./cbfe

PS: you should really have asked this on comp.lang.python

Cheers,
Alex
--
Alex Maranda         mailto: amaranda@spider.com
Spider Software Ltd. Tel: +44 (0)131 4757036

* Re: c2ada for Linux, has anyone got it to run on Linux?
@ 1999-02-03  0:00   ` nabbasi
From: nabbasi @ 1999-02-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <36B81ED1.15D4@spider.com>, Alex says...

>> c2ada uses pyhton. which I know very little about.
>Looks like you have an import problem; modules in python are imported
>from a list of paths specified by the sys.path variable. How to fix:
>1. search in the installation a Symbol.py file (or Symbol.so, could be a
>shared object written in C). Locate its path.
>2. export PYTHONPATH=<path to file> (or setenv, whatever)
>3. ./cbfe

thanks Alex !  That did it!

(I had only LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, did not know about PYTHONPATH, I really
need to get me a Python manual)

Now, I have c2ada running on my Linux system, I am going to convert all of
my C code to Ada :)

@ 1999-02-03  0:00     ` Dale Pontius
From: Dale Pontius @ 1999-02-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <799ble$fni@drn.newsguy.com>,
        nabbasi@earthlink.net writes:

> Now, I have c2ada running on my Linux system, I am going to convert all of
> my C code to Ada :)

On a lark, it would be interesting to try this on the Doom source
code. Other than some bits of assembler in the inner rendering
loop, it's supposed to be pretty portable C.

Now all I need is some free time.

Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)