* gnat 3.11 - Cool!!
@ 1999-01-28  0:00 dennison
From: dennison @ 1999-01-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since I was so quick to point out complaints about the new gnat, its only fair
to be equally quick to point out the really cool new features as well.

The project file facility that comes w/ the emacs mode is cool beyond words.
To do the same task I used to have to manually create OS-specific command
files. Yuk. This is one of those features I think I'll come to wonder how I
ever lived without.

I created myself a new package w/ a protected type in it, and went to the old
familiar "other file other window" menu to create a body stub for it to save
me some typing. To my utter amazement, it correctly created a stub for my
protected type. It was even smart enough to use a "True" stubbed with clause
for my entry! It also didn't copy over any type or object declarations that
I'd have to just go delete. Neato!

T.E.D.

* Re: gnat 3.11 - Cool!!
@ 1999-01-28  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-01-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dennison@telepath.com wrote in message <78q70u$i57$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
<snip>
>protected type. It was even smart enough to use a "True" stubbed with
clause
>for my entry! It also didn't copy over any type or object declarations that

I hope it used a "when" clause, not a "with" clause.

* Re: gnat 3.11 - Cool!!
@ 1999-01-29  0:00   ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1999-01-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <78qdl9$oo@hobbes.crc.com>,
  "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> wrote:

> dennison@telepath.com wrote in message <78q70u$i57$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> <snip>
> >protected type. It was even smart enough to use a "True" stubbed with
> clause
> >for my entry! It also didn't copy over any type or object declarations that
>
> I hope it used a "when" clause, not a "with" clause.

Yes, you're correct of course. At least, it compiled ok... :-)

I have another one I left out, again about the emacs mode:

I typed up a procedure body manually. When I was done I started to cursor
down to write another one, and emacs started beeping at me. It turns out I
had mispelled the procedure name at the top, and emacs was warning me that it
didn't match the name at the bottom!

T.E.D.