From: robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Re: ACT ANNOUNCES: GNAT 3.11p now available!
Date: 1999/01/28
Date: 1999-01-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <78n0bh$kir$1@remarQ.com>,
  "news.oxy.com" <Vladimir_Olensky@oxy.com> wrote:
> May be in Unix world it is usual practice to force
> "end-user" to overcome some difficulties and barriers to
> keep them fit but in Windows NT world it
> is different. Just think over why Microsoft won the
> battle in the corporate PC desktop market (Windows NT and
> Microsoft Office). They are just oriented
> to the "end- user"

Validimir, let me repeat my advice. I am sure what you
are saying sounds reasonable to you, and you may be
frustrated that no one is really arguing with you. That
is because this subject has been discussed in great detail
by people with experience in marketing inside and outside
the Ada world (experience which you lack), and there are
lots of complexities that do not immediately meet the eye!
You should definitely spend a few days carefully
researching the archives for similar threads. I think you
will learn quite a bit by doing that.

I still think your energy would be best spent trying to
actually improve the situation yourself, instead of going
over very tired ground with very familiar arguments!