From: khrabrov@unagi.cis.upenn.edu (Alexy Khrabrov)
Subject: Re: Ada book help
Date: 1999/01/27
Date: 1999-01-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Shalom,

Greetings and thanks to all, including the author,
Mordechai Ben-Ari himself, who pointed out that
M. Ben-Ari's book is published by Wiley -- which
is as a distinguished publisher of Ada books as
AWL, and he's of course at Weizmann Institute,
which is, I heard, even better than Technion.  :-)

However, my points about the book stay the same:
it gives better coverage since it follows an
encyclopedic tradition, and the author and the
publisher did a great job.

I salut to all the great authors of major Ada
books, including

Norman Cohen and his grand opus magnum

John Barnes and his dynamic classic

Mike Feldman et al. and their lucid textbook

Springer and their definitive series of Ada
standard editions, authored and edited by Tucker
Taft, John Barnes, and others

Now, if only Peter Wegner would update his book,
some of us would see that often, we already have
"been there, done that"!  :-) This book,
"Programming with Ada: An Introduction by means of
Graduated Examples", 1980, is still one of the
best, IMHO.

Can somebody who knows Peter's current address
please forward this plea to him and update me on
his e-mail?

Shalom,
Alexy

Mordechai (Moti) Ben-Ari (ntbenari@wis.weizmann.ac.il) wrote:
: Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
: >     Ada for Software Engineers, M. Ben-Ari,
: >     (Technion, Israel)
: >     Addison-Wesley Longman, 1998.

: Thanks for the recommendation!

: But:

: 1. I'm at the Weizmann Institute of Science, not the Technion.
: 2. The book is published by John Wily & Sons, not AWL.

: See my web page (address below) for TOC and Preface....

: Moti

: --
: Prof. Mordechai (Moti) Ben-Ari   Department of Science Teaching
: Weizmann Institute of Science    Rehovot 76100 Israel
: mailto:ntbenari@wis.weizmann.ac.il  or  mailto:benari@acm.org
: http://stwww.weizmann.ac.il/g-cs/benari/