From: bill@nospam.com
Subject: using make with gnat? examples?
Date: 1999/01/26
Date: 1999-01-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

any one uses make or gmake for building gnat applications?
now, I build my gnat application using a shell script, where
I simply call gnatmake, with a number of -I arguments, each
-I argument for a package that used by the main, as in:

gnatmake main.adb -I../pkgs/pkkg1 -I../pkgs/pkg2 -I../pkgs/pkg2

what do you think of this method? is this enough for even very large
applications?

I am more used to using makefiles though. but with gnat using ali files,
and such, not sure how to construct the makefile dependencies myself,
instead of letting gnatmake do its job?

thanks,
bill.