From: sjw <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Generic package with dynamic subprogram name?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 05:13:42 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2010-06-10T05:13:42-07:00	[thread overview]

On Jun 10, 11:14 am, Brian Drummond <brian_drumm...@btconnect.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 03:33:11 -0400, Stephen Leake
>
> <stephen_le...@stephe-leake.org> wrote:
> >Marek Janukowicz <ma...@janukowicz.net> writes:
> >> I understand things I ask about in the subject are most likely not possible,
> >> but is there any other way to achieve what I want?
>
> >Renames was suggested. Writing all of those can get tedious, and
> >probably defeats the purpose of the generic.
>
> >Using an ASIS application to generate code would be another way.
>
> Any pointers (uh, references) where to learn ASIS for this purpose?
> I've always understood ASIS as being used to analyze Ada, not generate it...
>
> If there is a tutorial somewhere using ASIS to generate co... <cough> source
> program text, I'd be interested to see it.

http://www.mckae.com/avatox.html -- "Avatox (Ada, Via Asis, To Xml) is
an application that traverses one or more Ada compilation units and
outputs the ASIS representation of the unit(s) as an XML document. The
resulting XML document(s) can then have an XSL stylesheet applied in
turn." And you can use an XSL stylesheet to generate code.

Another application in the same space is my ASIS2XML --
http://gnat-asis.sourceforge.net/pmwiki.php/Main/ASIS2XML .