From: bill_1@nospam.com
Subject: Re: Code portability question
Date: 1999/01/23
Date: 1999-01-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <36A94B78.963F3215@wvu.edu>, Mike says...

>Now, one side claims that this was necessitated by the architecture
>difference, due to the K6 CPU being designed differently and handling
>floats differently.  The other claims that either the code was badly
>written or the compiler used was faulty or ... something was broken
>somewhere.
>
>I would appreciate any pointers as to which is correct.

What compilers were used on the PC and on Unix? What OS's ?
The only case I would see where an Ada program would compile on one system
and not on the other is if it used some packages that one compiler has as
part of its standard installation, and another did not. Ada is one of the
most portable langauges out there.

Bill