From: billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (William Thomas Wolfe, 2847 )
Subject: Re: 10 Commandments for Ada9X
Date: 3 Feb 90 21:15:01 GMT	[thread overview]

From mathis@CTC.CONTEL.COM (Bob Mathis  x4232):
> 4. OOP -- increased support for object-oriented program
> development paradigm while remaining consistent with Ada's
> support for other paradigms and Ada's existing features
> addressing similar goals

% 8. SIMPLIFY/UNIFY -- [...] increase language integration; [...]
> 10. KEEP IT ADA -- keep strong typing, encapsulation, separate
> compilation, information hiding, static binding, packages, tasks,
> rendezvous, generics, and other aspects of current Ada approach

   My only comment is that in the interests of Sections 4 and 8,
   the keeping of packages and tasks (Section 10) should be done
   indirectly.  These two concepts should be integrated into the
   simple and intuitively appealing concept of an "object".

   Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu