* JSON and interpreting JSON objects
@ 2015-03-13 13:15 tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2015-03-13 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm playing with some JSON. I am trying to pick some information out of a JSON object but am trying to understand what I am doing first.

In the following code I am not totally sure about displaying a JSON object, and I was wondering what to put in "when JSON_Object_Type =>" I want to traverse over the object and print the information out if you didn't manage to guess what I was trying to do

CODE>>>

with GNATCOLL.JSON; use GNATCOLL.JSON;

  procedure Output_Json (JV : in Json_Value) is

   begin
      case Kind(Val => JV) is
         when JSON_Array_Type =>
            for count in 1..JV.Length loop
               Output_Json (JV.Get(count));

            end loop;

         when JSON_Object_Type =>

         when JSON_Null_Type =>
            TP.Put_Line("JSON_NULL_TYPE");
         when others =>
            TP.Put_Line(JV.Get'Image);

      end case;

   end Json_Stuff;

* Re: JSON and interpreting JSON objects
@ 2015-03-13 15:07 ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2015-03-13 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-03-13 14:15, tonyg wrote:

> I'm playing with some JSON. I am trying to pick some information out of a JSON object but am trying to understand what I am doing first.
> In the following code I am not totally sure about displaying a JSON object, and I was wondering what to put in "when JSON_Object_Type

Have a look in Gnatcoll.Json.Write
In there, they do what you want - printout of a JSON, testing on
different types, JSON_Object_Type included.

in gnatcoll.Json spec, there is

   subtype JSON_Container_Value_Type is JSON_Value_Type range
     JSON_Array_Type .. JSON_Object_Type;

which indicates that it is some kind of container.

--
Björn

* Re: JSON and interpreting JSON objects
@ 2015-03-13 16:03   ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2015-03-13 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, 13 March 2015 15:07:18 UTC, björn lundin  wrote:
> On 2015-03-13 14:15, tonyg wrote:
> >

> > I'm playing with some JSON. I am trying to pick some information out of a JSON object but am trying to understand what I am doing first.
> > In the following code I am not totally sure about displaying a JSON object, and I was wondering what to put in "when JSON_Object_Type
>
> Have a look in Gnatcoll.Json.Write
> In there, they do what you want - printout of a JSON, testing on
> different types, JSON_Object_Type included.
>
> in gnatcoll.Json spec, there is
>
>    subtype JSON_Container_Value_Type is JSON_Value_Type range
>      JSON_Array_Type .. JSON_Object_Type;
>
> which indicates that it is some kind of container.
>
> --
> Björn

Thanks Bjorn!

* Re: JSON and interpreting JSON objects
@ 2015-03-16 12:01   ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2015-03-16 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been looking at it.
  I've coded something up to use the code in gnatcoll-json i.e. Go get some json data from a web service then print it out.

Now I can see the JSON output , the labels to the data and the data.
I can see how the data values are put in the output string. I seem to be missing something though because I cannot for the life of me see how the data labels are output. I know they are there because I have built and run code to output them, but I can only see the data in the code being output.

Can you see where in gnatcoll-json this is done?

* Re: JSON and interpreting JSON objects
@ 2015-03-16 13:11     ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2015-03-16 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorted it out, Got my panties in a twist. Now untwisted.