From: Kirk@nospam.com
Subject: Re: Future of Ada?
Date: 1999/01/19
Date: 1999-01-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <36A4A29D.3E6D@jhuapl.edu>, Rush says...

>Prior to Ada'95, Ada was handicapped by a "closed" view of application
>development.  By that I mean, the presumption was that the entire
>application would be developed in Ada & that Ada bindings would be
>available to the operating system services.

but this is exactly the case with Java now.

yet, java has became very popular.

so ?

The reason is simple. the industry has accepted java even though it is
closed system for the most part. binding to other outside systems were
written quickly and by everyone. example, go to oracle website, you
can download a java driver to oracle database. same with sybase, etc..

I dont think the problem that Ada was closed. it must be something else.

Kirk.