From: Eoin@copse.demon.co.uk (Eoin Woods)
Subject: Re: Versions of SEI CMM
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 13:33:47 +0000
Date: 1994-09-28T13:33:47+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <369e08$an8@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
           dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM "David Weller" writes:

> Yes, I believe there is.  The new CMM will include negative numbers,
> to account for the practices of several large software houses,
> particularly those in the personal computer market.  The holdup, it
> is rumored, is just _how many_ negative numbers to use.  Given the
> state of practice in many American programming shops, the current
> value is at -18, but the final decision is on hold -- there appears
> to be some discussion about adding a few more values below that now
> that the findings from the Microsoft survey have come in.
>
> (Smiley should be contextually evident)
On this subject (of -ve CMM ratings!) I vaguely seem to remember a
humourous paper in (I think) Software Engineering Notes that presented
a new CMM with negative levels!

I can't find it now - does anyone know where it is??

Eoin.
--
Eoin Woods, LBMS Plc, Evelyn House, 62 Oxford Street, London W1N 9LF, UK
            Tel: +44-71-636-4213  Email: Eoin@copse.demon.co.uk