* Re: Ada 95 compiler for Windows95 needed badly
@ 1999-01-17  0:00   ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

><http://www.gnat.com/>
><http://www.aonix.com/>
><http://www.rational.com/>
also http://www.rrsoftware.com
I think Greenhills also has a compiler targetted to MS Windows, but am
not completely sure.

* Re: Ada 95 compiler for Windows95 needed badly
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1999-01-17  0:00 ` Craig Garrett
From: Craig Garrett @ 1999-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Im not sure if this is still the case, but Aonix was giving away Object Ada
7.1 CD-ROMs with the text book "Ada 95 Problem Solving and Program Design"
by Feldman and Koffman, 2nd ed.

http://www.aonix.com/

 - Craig

* Re: Ada 95 compiler for Windows95 needed badly
@ 1999-01-17  0:00 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Get a copy of GNAT for windows from:

ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/compiler/gnat/distrib/winnt/

Then take a look at the Win32 bindings how to at the Ada Source Code
Treasury to set your system up to do Win32 programming.

http://www.botton.com/ada/articles

Other good places to look are Jerry's Win32 Ada site at:

http://stad.dsl.nl/%7Ejvandyk/

Good Luck

David Botton

ccsmnt@ccslan1.dlsu.edu.ph wrote in article
<77rfqn$g0u$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

@ 1999-01-17  0:00 ccsmnt

From: Tom Moran @ 1999-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can check at www.adahome.com, among others, for lists of vendors
of Ada compilers targeted to Win95.  There are at least 5, with
differing support, libraries, conveniences, and prices.  If you want
to do "Windows programming", as opposed to just text_io command line
stuff, you'll probably also want a binding, of which there are at
least 4 (not counting demo versions) with different thicknesses,
support, coverage, and price.

* Re: Ada 95 compiler for Windows95 needed badly
@ 1999-01-17  0:00 ` Matthew Heaney
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1999-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

ccsmnt@ccslan1.dlsu.edu.ph writes:

> To whom it may concern:
>
>      Good day. I am an instructor from De La Salle University, Manila. I was
> just wondering where I can get a free copy/evaluation copy of Ada 95 compiler
> for Windows 95. We are currently doing a project to be implemented using the
> said language/compiler. Thank you very much. More power!

<http://www.gnat.com/>
<http://www.aonix.com/>
<http://www.rational.com/>

For more general info:

<http://www.adaic.org/>
<http://www.adahome.com/>

Contact the sales departments of these companies too.  Many times
support is free or at reduced cost for universities.
--
Those who believe in the supernatural should be required to learn
computer programming.  This would force them to discover that things

* Re: Ada 95 compiler for Windows95 needed badly
@ 1999-01-18  0:00     ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1999-01-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <36a1928b.38544993@news.pacbell.net>,
  tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran) wrote:

> I think Greenhills also has a compiler targetted to MS Windows, but am
> not completely sure.

http://www.ghs.com/html/nat_tools_win.html

Yes, they do. But they sell it as a way to prototype a cross-compiled system
when you have limited target systems available. As such, it may not provide
all the tools one would want to produce a commercial Windows application.

T.E.D.

* Re: Ada 95 compiler for Windows95 needed badly
@ 1999-01-18  0:00   ` Bruce Detter
From: Bruce Detter @ 1999-01-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you want free, I concur with David.  I installed GNAT and the Win32
bindings as detailed in Jerry's Win32 Ada site (see below).  Jerry's side
has an easy to follow installation process.  I also installed the
OpenGL/glut bindings per his site and it worked great.  The Aonix compiler
may be a good alternative.  If you can get an educational deal from them,
their front end has a GUI designer that is very Visual Basic like and easy
to use.  Its worth a shot.

BCD3