* Re: ASIS for GNAT
@ 1999-01-18  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-01-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nigel Tracey wrote in message <36A30C06.C901F699@cs.york.ac.uk>...
>Can anyone tell me if a new ASIS for GNAT be released at the same-point
>as the public release of GNAT 3.11? Also any news on how complete the
>ASIS implementation is? I cannot get the current ASIS-for-GNAT 3.09
>to compile for GNAT 3.10p and it also lacks some of the semantic
>queries that I require.
>
>I know timetables for public releases are not announced, but a while a
>ago somebody hinted 3.11p was in sight but it hasn't yet arrived. If
>its possible to give a hint are we talking weeks or months away?

Here is a posting by Robert Dewar on January 14, 1999:

In article <369CE5C0.8E7569C2@grep.net>,
  Paul Whittington <paul@grep.net> wrote:
> For the past few days ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat has
> returned an FTP
> Error indicating that the login failed.
>
> Is this a good sign, GNAT 3.11p is being put up, or a bad
> sign, GNAT 3.11p will never be available?

The NYU site has nothing to do with Ada Core Technologies,
except that it is where we historically put our initial
public releases for mirrors to operate. I have no trouble
reaching this site, so it is likely that you have a problem
at your end.

The 3.11p releases have now been frozen, including the NT
release, which was the last one. They should start
appearing next week, it will take a week or two for all
the ports to be available at NYU and the mirror sites.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

* Re: Fwd: ASIS for GNAT
@ 1999-01-18  0:00 ` dewar
From: dewar @ 1999-01-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <36A30C06.C901F699@cs.york.ac.uk>,
  Nigel Tracey <njt@cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if a new ASIS for GNAT be released at
> the same-point as the public release of GNAT 3.11?

Not exactly at the same point, since we will get the
GNAT 3.11p's out first, starting this week. But shortly
there after.

This will in fact be essentially the first public release
of the ASIS-for-GNAT technology. The preliminary release
for 3.09 was simply a demonstration of work in progress,
and ASIS was not ready for a 3.10p release, but is now
definitely in good enough shape for a 3.11p release.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

* Re: ASIS for GNAT
@ 1999-01-18  0:00   ` dewar
From: dewar @ 1999-01-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <yecwTPtQ#GA.233@pet.hiwaay.net>,
  "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> wrote:

> The 3.11p releases have now been frozen, including the NT
> release, which was the last one. They should start
> appearing next week, it will take a week or two for all
> the ports to be available at NYU and the mirror sites.

By the way, I have heard that (rather incredibly to me)
some people have managed to interpret the last here
(referring to NT being the last 3.11p version to be
completed) to mean that ACT will not distribute any more
public releases after 3.11p. This is of course complete
nonsense. We remain committed to public releases, and
indeed we are already actively planning the 3.12 release!

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

* Fwd: ASIS for GNAT
@ 1999-01-18  0:00 Nigel Tracey
From: Nigel Tracey @ 1999-01-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can anyone tell me if a new ASIS for GNAT be released at the same-point
as the public release of GNAT 3.11? Also any news on how complete the
ASIS implementation is? I cannot get the current ASIS-for-GNAT 3.09
to compile for GNAT 3.10p and it also lacks some of the semantic
queries that I require.

I know timetables for public releases are not announced, but a while a
ago somebody hinted 3.11p was in sight but it hasn't yet arrived. If
its possible to give a hint are we talking weeks or months away?

Thanks for any information or help,

Nigel