From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: Unrecognized attribute 'ref in GNAT
Date: 1999/01/12
Date: 1999-01-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Oliver Hilgendorf wrote in message <369bb407.18423120@news.nacamar.de>...
>GNAT has problems with the statement
>
>Base_Addr : constant System.Address := System.Address'Ref
>(16#A000_0000#);
>

>It says that Ref is an unrecognized attribute. With a different
>compiler it works just fine.

The attribute 'Ref is not defined by Ada.
This looks like a VADS extension -- I've forgotten just what 'Ref means.
You'll need to consult
Appendix F for the "different" compiler, to understand what 'Ref means, and
apply the equivalent capability of Ada95.  If it's legal Ada95, GNAT will do
it.

David C. Hoos, Sr.