From: Paul Onions <wibble37@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Trying to build Gnat on MACOSX 10.5 PPC
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:48:04 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2010-03-27T16:48:04-07:00	[thread overview]

On Mar 27, 3:00 pm, Paul Onions <wibbl...@mac.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any success in building Gnat from the GCC sources on a
> MACOSX 10.5 (Leopard) PowerPC machine?
>
> I'm trying to build GCC 4.4.3 with Ada support, but so far with no
> success. I have tried bootstrapping from the GnatPPC-4.3.dmg binary
> from macada.org and also from the gnat-gpl-2009-43-powerpc-apple-
> darwin8.11.0-bin.tar binary from gnuada.sourceforge.net, but both
> result in the same error in stage 2 of the bootstrap process, ending
> in:

Just tried bootstrapping with GNAT/GPL 2006 from AdaCore,
and it does get further -- to stage 3 -- but fails in the same way
on the same file.

I'm sure this should tell me something, but I have no real experience
in compiling GCC from source, so I don't understand what this means.

Anyone else know?
Paul