From: Marco <prenom_nomus@yahoo.com>
Subject: GNAT version for Ada training?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 05:20:32 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2011-01-29T05:20:32-08:00	[thread overview]

We are going to create an Ada training class for "experienced" (loosely) programmers. We need a free native compiler that works currently on XP and maybe Vista currently but will work on Windows 7 (64 bit) in the near term. GPL license is just fine. I really don't want a cygwin based solution if possible because that is a somewhat cumbersome arrangement for Windows. A native MinGW compiler would be fine or maybe something from AdaCore. We only need Ada95 since the "graduates" will be working on enhancements, upgrades and fixes to existing code bases. Command-line interface is fine because we have GUI editors such as Slickedit available.

Please include URLs if possible with your recommendations.
Non GNAT solutions are ok also but vendors please don't expect any additional sales.

It is an opportunity for these young developers to learn a good language.

thanks
Marco