From: Jeremiah <jeremiah.breeden@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Incomplete types used with generics
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 13:48:54 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-05-14T13:48:54-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 9:14:27 PM UTC-4, Randy Brukardt wrote:
> For Ada before Ada 2012, formal "limited private" was the most general thing
> available for a generic (thus the use in books and the like), but formal
> incomplete types are more general than that. Of course, they can only be
> used like an incomplete type, and that is very limiting. It's not yet clear
> that much beyond signature packages can be created with them.
>
>                                            Randy.

That definitely makes sense.  When I moved from my simple example (modified to use actual incomplete types) to something I had that was more complex I already saw that in action.  I had a method that was used to deallocate the access type under certain conditions, which required the complete type for Unchecked_Deallocation.  I remodeled the generic package to account for that a different way.  Luckily that was my only thing that tried to improperly use the incomplete type.

Thanks again!