* Saving Files in GPS Under Windows 7
@ 2009-11-23  6:20 GMAVT New Server
From: GMAVT New Server @ 2009-11-23  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.  I installed the latest download from
GNAT/GPS from https://libre.adacore.com/libre/.

After creating a file in GPS  I try to save it,  it just "blinks" but does
not save the file.  I have to create the file external to GPS and then it
will overwrite it.

Has anyone had any similar problems under Windows 7?

I've tried some things like running in various compatibility modes but it
does not seem to help. And of course I let it run as Administrator, still no
difference.

I was wondering if I have to change the permissions on everything in the
GNAT bin directory? Before I start to change the attributes beyond all
recognition and have to reinstall everything, I was wondering if anyone had
any similar experiences and possibly some suggestions?

Bill

* Re: Saving Files in GPS Under Windows 7
@ 2009-11-23 16:48 ` Harry Tucker
From: Harry Tucker @ 2009-11-23 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 23, 12:20 am, "GMAVT New Server" <wjtho...@wcvt.com> wrote:
> I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.  I installed the latest download from
> GNAT/GPS fromhttps://libre.adacore.com/libre/.
>
> After creating a file in GPS  I try to save it,  it just "blinks" but does
> not save the file.  I have to create the file external to GPS and then it
> will overwrite it.
>
> Has anyone had any similar problems under Windows 7?

Yep I have that issue too. All I have to do normally is either click
on the name so it is no longer high-lighted or type in the name
myself. But this behavior is not consistent so I'm not sure how to
repeat it over and over. I'm using Windows-7 Ultimate as well, it did
it in Vista-Ultimate too.

Harry

* Re: Saving Files in GPS Under Windows 7
@ 2009-11-23 21:14 ` sjw
From: sjw @ 2009-11-23 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 23, 6:20 am, "GMAVT New Server" <wjtho...@wcvt.com> wrote:
> I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.  I installed the latest download from
> GNAT/GPS fromhttps://libre.adacore.com/libre/.
>
> After creating a file in GPS  I try to save it,  it just "blinks" but does
> not save the file.  I have to create the file external to GPS and then it
> will overwrite it.
[..]
> I was wondering if I have to change the permissions on everything in the
> GNAT bin directory?

I'd start from a position of never altering permissions in a product's
bin directory (or any other, come to that). Keep your own source
separate.

No guarantee that that'll let you save files, of course.