From: Jere <jere.groups@gmail.com>
Subject: Protected Objects and Interrupt Handlers
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:25:07 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-02-23T14:25:07-08:00	[thread overview]

This is more of a curiosity, but I have noticed that a lot of embedded Ada examples that I run across use a protected type object to wrap the ISR for a particular interrupt.  I was wondering why this is?  Why not just use a normal Ada procedure for an interrupt?  I can understand using a protected object to handle procedures used by different tasks, but an ISR isn't a task per say.  So how do Ada's protected type object and procedure implementations work with interrupts?