* Ann: Language Popularity Index v.01
@ 2010-04-01  8:08 Gautier write-only
From: Gautier write-only @ 2010-04-01  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

The /Transparent/ Language Popularity Index, version 01.

Look here for the tool and its results: http://lang-index.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy

Gautier

* Re: Ann: Language Popularity Index v.01
@ 2010-04-01  8:22 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2010-04-01  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 1, 9:08 am, Gautier write-only <gautier_niou...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> The /Transparent/ Language Popularity Index, version 01.
>
> Look here for the tool and its results:http://lang-index.sourceforge.net/
>
> Enjoy
>
> Gautier

Why is COBOL not compiled? It's been 20 years since I did any but it
was certainly compiled then...

Cheers
-- Martin

* Re: Ann: Language Popularity Index v.01
@ 2010-04-01  8:48   ` Gautier write-only
From: Gautier write-only @ 2010-04-01  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin:

> Why is COBOL not compiled? It's been 20 years since I did any but it
> was certainly compiled then...

Thanks for the feedback - I should make the little star beside the
category a bit bigger, and perhaps give the label "compiled _and_
general-purpose".
Gautier's Ada programming -- http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/
NB: For a direct answer, e-mail address on the following web site:
http://www.fechtenafz.ethz.ch/wm_email.htm

* Re: Ann: Language Popularity Index v.01
@ 2010-04-02  6:04 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2010-04-02  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.04.2010, 10:08 Uhr, schrieb Gautier write-only
<gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com>:

> The /Transparent/ Language Popularity Index, version 01.
>
> Look here for the tool and its results:
> http://lang-index.sourceforge.net/

Cool. What surprises be most is that you have C before Java.

I wonder if it is possible to add google code. For a long time tiobe did a
search in google code for articles in the last 12 month. Then they removed
it in favour of youtube.

Martin
--
Martin Krischik

* Re: Ann: Language Popularity Index v.01
@ 2010-04-02  6:48   ` Gautier write-only
From: Gautier write-only @ 2010-04-02  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Cool. What surprises be most is that you have C before Java.

One pending issue is that when I estimated the C confidence factor, I
have rejected pages not concerning C at all; but there is still a
significant cross-double-counting with C++: pages about both C and C+
+; such pages should count for half in both confidence factors since
they also appear in the C++ requests.

> I wonder if it is possible to add google code. For a long time tiobe did a
> search in google code for articles in the last 12 month. Then they removed
> it in favour of youtube.

Sure, everything is possible. I also thought to freshmeat. I am open
to many ideas, especially the good ones :-).
It is now an early phase of the project where the focus is about
method calibration.

@ 2010-04-02 13:02   ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2010-04-02 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 1, 11:04 pm, "Martin Krischik" <krisc...@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> Am 01.04.2010, 10:08 Uhr, schrieb Gautier write-only
> <gautier_niou...@hotmail.com>:
>

> I wonder if it is possible to add google code. For a long time tiobe did a
> search in google code for articles in the last 12 month. Then they removed
> it in favour of youtube.

  I agree and how about Sourceforge  - does any one really care if
there is a video of the language on the web

  Verilog and VHDL should be in the "other" group