From: "Björn Persson" <bjorn@xn--rombobjrn-67a.se>
Subject: Re: architecture-independent GNAT project files?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:41:50 +0200
Date: 2009-04-28T23:41:50+02:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Yes. "gcc -v | grep ^Target:" yields the correct information.  I
> normally use a minimal Makefile to set up such variables from the
> environment and then invoke gnatmake, passing it the variables.

Neither -m32 nor the setarch command seem to affect the output of "gcc -v".
Anyway, I was hoping to avoid putting a wrapper around gnatmake.

> It is my understanding that "gcc -m32" invokes the linker in such a
> way (i.e. "ld -melf_i386", "ld -mi386linux" or some such) that it
> automatically selects /usr/lib64 instead of /usr/lib.  Is that not the
> case?
>
> If I'm right, your problem disappars as far as binary libraries go but
> still exists for target-dependent source files.

I don't know how ld is invoked, but it's not only a matter of finding the
right .so file. The ALI files appear to be architecture-specific, and their
location is specified in the project file with the Library_ALI_Dir
attribute.

--
Bj�rn Persson
PGP key A88682FD