From: dewar@gnat.com
Subject: Re: Ada on MVS
Date: 1998/12/19
Date: 1998-12-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <367A66CA.5A8BC97D@elca.ch>,
  Pascal Sartoretti <Pascal.Sartoretti@elca.ch> wrote:
> The subject says it all: is there any Ada compiler for
> MVS mainframes?
>
> Thanks for any information
>
> Pascal

There is currently no Ada 95 compiler for MVS. Probably the
easiest path would be a GNAT port, since there is a gcc
available for MVS, but this would not be a trivial port,
and in particular specialized work would be needed to get
the tasking and tools working.

There were at least four Ada 83 compilers for IBM
mainframes of various vintages, from Telesoft,
Intermetrics, Alsys, and Systeam. I do not know if
any of these survive in supported form. Try contacting
OCSystems and Intermetrics for information (I am pretty
sure that Aonix no longer supports the old Alsys technology
and I am quite sure that Aonix (who swallowed Systeam many
mergers and acquisitions ago) does not support the Systeam
compiler any more).

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies