From: btiffin@canada.com
Subject: GNAT Programming Studio for OpenCOBOL development
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:44:14 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-06-04T16:44:14-07:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

I've been involved with the OpenCOBOL project for a little while now
and the developer community is looking for a good IDE.  I've done some
preliminary customizations as a plug-ins XML file; a compiler switches
screen, some keywords for the editor highlights, a menu for running
various compiles etc...

Who should I direct questions to?

Ok, in reality I'd like to team up OpenCOBOL with the GNAT developers
and get these two wonderful open systems more tightly integrated.
OpenCOBOL is quite complete and fairly robust as-is but I'm thinking a
few more pushes and OpenCOBOL and GPS could be a good fit.  And if a
few COBOL programmers get exposed to Ada, or Ada programmers exposed
to COBOL, well, the more the better.

As the keeper of the OpenCOBOL FAQ, pertinent information of what has
been done so far can be seen at
http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/#can-the-gnat-programming-studio-be-used-with-opencobol
and http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/#can-opencobol-interface-with-ada

For the curious, OpenCOBOL emits intermediate C and links nicely with
GNAT when using gnatgcc and gnatbind -n

Excuse the interruption and thanks for GPS and GNAT.
Cheers,
Brian