From: hawk@hpavla.HP.COM (Dave Hawk)
Subject: Ada Interrupt Rate Survey
Date: 5 Jan 90 14:59:51 GMT	[thread overview]

   I am interested in learning what the current "state of the art" is
for feasible interrupt response rates for Ada based systems on 68xxx
and 80x86 microprocessors.  I am interrested in Ada systems which run
directly on the hardware itself with an Ada vendor's run time (no
intermediate OS such as Unix or OS/2).  If you have knowledge of an
Ada system using interrupts on one of these microprocessors could you
please post a brief response to this basenote listing:
    1.) Approximate interrupt rate,
    2.) Processor and clock speed,
    3.) Name of compiler vendor,
    4.) A comment on margin (i.e. are you near the limits of
            what the system can do, or do you still have
            processor time to burn?)

Thanks,
David Hawk
Hewlett-Packard Co.