* Re: GNAT and Object Ada
@ 1998-12-07  0:00 ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1998-12-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <74gdoo$4cp$1@emu.cs.rmit.edu.au>,
  Dean Robert Macauley <deanmac@bilby.cs.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi again...
>
> With my little GNAT problem of it requiring CYGWIN.DLL
> I am unsure what version I have.  All I can really say
> is that the file I downloaded from uni was titled:
>
>              gnat-3_09-nt.exe

That's a pretty crusty version. The latest version (which itself is over a
year old) can be obtained at
ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/compiler/gnat/distrib/winnt/ . A new
version is due RSN. A debugger (gdb) is available there as well.

> I am pretty sure that the 3_09 part is the version, but not 100%.
> I am also using ADAGRAPH, but my lecturer has recommended
> Object Ada, which apparently has a much "nicer" interface...

That is probably true for 3.09. But the latest version comes with a GUI
environment (although serious users still prefer emacs).

--
T.E.D.

* GNAT and Object Ada
@ 1998-12-07  0:00 Dean Robert Macauley
From: Dean Robert Macauley @ 1998-12-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again...

With my little GNAT problem of it requiring CYGWIN.DLL
I am unsure what version I have.  All I can really say
is that the file I downloaded from uni was titled:

             gnat-3_09-nt.exe

I am pretty sure that the 3_09 part is the version, but not 100%.
I am also using ADAGRAPH, but my lecturer has recommended
Object Ada, which apparently has a much "nicer" interface...

Thanks :-)

Dean.

* Re: GNAT and Object Ada
@ 1998-12-07  0:00 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 1998-12-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dean Robert Macauley a �crit dans le message
<74fq6i$3kq$1@emu.cs.rmit.edu.au>...
>Hi,
>
>I am using the Gnat compiler for Win95 at home.  When I compile a program,
It
>will not run on another machine, even with the same operating system,
without
>the following file...

What is your GNAT version ?

Pascal.

From: Dean Robert Macauley @ 1998-12-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am using the Gnat compiler for Win95 at home.  When I compile a program, It
will not run on another machine, even with the same operating system, without
the following file...

      CYGWIN.DLL

That is fine I suppose since Visual Basic requires something similar, but this
file is about 3mb in size.  Is there any other way to move an executable to
another system without this DLL or the compiler being installed?

I've also tryed downloading object ada, but it just takes too long. Does
anyone know whereelse I can get it from?

Thanks. :-)

Dean.

* Re: GNAT and Object Ada
@ 1998-12-08  0:00 ` Pascal Obry