From: france.suisse@gmail.com (Steph-ADA)
Subject: Re: Advanced file manipulation (multiple question)
Date: 4 Mar 2005 01:20:27 -0800
Date: 2005-03-04T01:20:27-08:00	[thread overview]

Wow! I didn't thought copying files would make so interesting debates
:)

If I read carefully, Copyfile is ok from Windows 95 to Windows 2000...
I mean FAT-32, but also FAT? And Windows NT 3.1, according to Mr
Randy... do you mean NTFS ?
Thanks a lot Mr Steve, for you piece of code! It must be interesting
for me (few stuff I don't really understand... but I will :) )

Mr Carter, I'm sure all the problems you talk about are really
important, but as I've said, I'm just a beginner (engineer, but
beginner ;) ). You probably think a program is good when all
situations have been taken in consideration, but... I just can't! Not
enought experience!! That's why this would be first an "alpha"
version... ;)

Well... maybe, the best I can tell you is what I want to do:
A proggy that would be able to make:
- recurrent directories: I say "n directories", and it build it, with
incremental name, from a list, or numbers.
- file copying: from a directory to another, single or multi-files.
- "deltree like": cut all the files from all the directories in a
single "root" directory, and delete all the others directories.

... with all the problem that could happen (from fat->ntfs, ntfs->fat,
file(s) size too big for copying, priority of task, crash system
prevention... and so on!)

You see, it's a challenge, and just for myself! Not any commercial
goal... maybe freeware, if it works :)

Thanks for your actual (and future, I'll need it!) help!