From: france.suisse@gmail.com (Steph-ADA)
Subject: Re: Advanced file manipulation (multiple question)
Date: 3 Mar 2005 00:56:55 -0800
Date: 2005-03-03T00:56:55-08:00	[thread overview]

Back!

Here's a few notes:

- "It sounds like you have downloaded Gnat 3.15p.
To make OS calls, you'll also want to get gnatwin-3.15p.exe
You can find it here:
  http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT/"
---> Thanks a lot, Mr Steve !

- "Right, but this is limited to files that will fit in memory. The
streams
approach I described using varying-size chunks will work for all
files,
and is equivalent to this approach for smaller files. In addition, it
does not require opening the file twice."
---> Mr Carter, in the case that my file or my packet of files is
bigger than the amount of RAM memory, do you mean It'll crash? In this
case, the "streams approach", as you call it, seems better. And does
this use OS-copying properties so I need to use win32-winbase.ads (or
another, I didn't read so much about Win32 API's at the moment!). And
what about the use of this tiny prog with Windows 98, for example?
APIs will probably be proper to the OS... but this is not the main
problem, for me! I want, first, to make it run with Windows 2000,
then, we'll see !

SO!
I'll use gnatwin, to make OS calls. I'll take a long time to read
about it, and then I'll give you what I've learned :)

All of those who helped me... thank you so much!!

PS: if you have other tricks, no problem I'm ok to read them !!!