From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: Ada in Debian: dropping support for the Distributed Systems Annex
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:28:19 GMT
Date: 2008-08-01T14:28:19+00:00	[thread overview]

First, since Pascal is one of the authors then why are you and "Xavier
Grave" having problems with Polyorb. It look like Pascal would help to
get the Annex-E subsystem up and running. But because of the problem and
people like Pascal not helping, Xavier made the statements.

 [As a consequence, I am sorry to announce that Debian 5.0 "Lenny",
scheduled for release in September 2008, will not support the
Distributed Systems Annex.]

Which hurt those who may need to use the "Distributed Systems" in Ada

Now, as for JAVA. Did you forget to email Adacore? And ask them, about
the connection with Java.

But for now, any time someone talks about "Corba", "Soap", "MOM" and
"RMI" they are talking about JAVA or "C/c++" not Ada. Even, Microsoft
who designed "Soap" uses "Soap" to interface .NET to JAVA.  That's what
I was talking about then I say Polyorb is too much JAVA based. Now, If
Pascal or others desire Ada to become a powerhouse or at least stay where
it is, then Pascal and others need to use protocols that is associated
with Ada not JAVA or Microsoft.  Then use that protocol's routines as a
super-class and build a set of sub-class protocols called "Corba",
"Soap", "MOM" and "RMI" that can be added or not as needed, but the RPC
would still be there with or without the sub-classes. But that's has not
happen.

And as you and other here have stated many times. [ GNAT is not Ada, it has
not been for a long time ]. So why are you just maintaining it. You should
spend the time to make GNAT the Ada that when a person install it
preform the right way occurring to the RM without the use of command line
options.

Instead of cut some one down with an unusually name, that you may not like.