From: billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (William Thomas Wolfe, 2847 )
Subject: Re: portability problems
Date: 16 Dec 89 20:03:26 GMT	[thread overview]

From sdl@herbrand.Inference.Com (Daniel Lee):
> 2. math library
> Most Ada compilers come with a math library.  They are usually very similar,
> but slightly different because there exists no standard for it.

   At Tri-Ada '89, Sholom Cohen told me that the Numerics Working group
   took about eight years to come up with a standard math package, and
   that the Ada Run-Time Environment Working Group also required about
   eight years to come up with a standard run-time environment package.

   These should make it into Ada 9X, and should take care of some of the
   remaining portability problems.  Apparently there is quite a lot of
   work involved in coming up with good solutions to these problems, but
   progress is being made on these very important issues.

   Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu