From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Ann: GLOBE_3D Release 2016-07-05 - "Blender edition"
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 17:21:33 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2016-07-08T17:21:33-07:00	[thread overview]

Le samedi 9 juillet 2016 01:35:11 UTC+2, Aurele a écrit :
> Wow Gautier, lots of great work there.

Thanks! Note that I'm note alone working on the project: Rod Kay has set up a unified GNAT project file that facilitates tremendously the portability and also the addition of other projects using that 3D framework. Moreover the build phase is a lot faster.

> But the biggest difficulty I have, atm anyway, is most of it seems undocumented (maybe I'm wrong?).

No, you are right alas. However there is a short guide (A (too) short guide about how GLOBE_3D works) in ./globe_3d_info.html. Then having a look how a cube is built and displayed in ./demo/mini.adb will already bring you most of the know-how - a few loops later, and you have your Minecraft clone ;-).
Don't hesitate to tell me what seems obscure to you. It's always difficult to guess...

> You also did lots of rework on the GL file with new and very cool stuff which I assume is your version of OpenGL. The types and functions are for most part alien to me in your version.

Do you mean the gl.ads file ? The changes over the last 10 years or so are less terrible than that... There are 6 smallish changes since the first commit on SF:
https://sf.net/p/globe3d/code/343/log/?path=/bindings/gl.ads
One is a 1-liner fix, one is a style-check pimping (casing & white space corrections), and so on.

> Anyway, I'll keep at it but I'm  especially by your Generic Image Decoder (GDI) package. Very cool !

Thx!
From the G(raphics) to the A(udio): are you still providing / maintaining OpenALAda ? It would be interesting to combine both things...

Gautier