From: d96andgi@dtek.chalmers.se (Anders Gidenstam)
Subject: Re: parallel programming
Date: 1998/12/01
Date: 1998-12-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3663D346.F7495A89@est.it>,
	Paolo Pumilia <pumilia@est.it> writes:
> Samuel Tardieu wrote:
>>
>> Since you wrote you'll be using GNAT, the answer is "yes, if you use
>> native threads".
>>
>>   Sam
>
> Will you please give a quick explaination about how using threads? I am
> currently working with kernel 2.0.35. Should i compile the kernel
> setting peculiar directives in the makefile?

You don't need to change the kernel, it's a matter of
configuring the gnat compiler. Read the README file for the compiler.
There is a problem though, programs using threads can only be run as
root unless you change a line in the ada runtimesystem.
( I don't remember which file, but it has been posted here before )

/Anders

"A well-written program is its own heaven;
 a poorly-written program is its own hell."
  - The Tao of Programming