* Understanding the dependency to a-calend.adb introduced by gnatcoll-xref.adb in gnatcoll-xref.ali
@ 2015-08-25  6:44 David SAUVAGE
From: David SAUVAGE @ 2015-08-25  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.all,

This is a GNAT specific topic, we are trying to understand why a dependency to Ada.Calendar implementation is introduced by the GNATColl.Xref unit in the gnatcoll-xref.ali [2] Ada Library Information [1] file

I would suppose this could be needed in the case of generic-related-uses, but as that does not seem to be the case here, I would expect only a dependency to a-calend.ads

Any feedbacks are most welcome,

Cheers

[1] ALI specifications
http://docs.adacore.com/gnat_ugn-docs/html/gnat_ugn/gnat_ugn/the_gnat_compilation_model.html#the-ada-library-information-files
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~adagroup/gnat-docs/gnat-3.13p-docs/gnat_ug.html#SEC21
https://www2.adacore.com/gap-static/GNAT_Book/html/frontend/lib-writ__adb.htm

[2] GNAT GPL 2014 version
W ada.calendar%s    a-calend.adb        a-calend.ali
D a-calend.ads		20140406181358 d86d6c8c ada.calendar%s
D a-calend.adb		20140406181357 a0075950 ada.calendar%b

* Re: Understanding the dependency to a-calend.adb introduced by gnatcoll-xref.adb in gnatcoll-xref.ali
@ 2015-08-25  7:34 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2015-08-25  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

David SAUVAGE <david.sauvage@adalabs.com> writes:

> This is a GNAT specific topic, we are trying to understand why a
> dependency to Ada.Calendar implementation is introduced by the
> GNATColl.Xref unit in the gnatcoll-xref.ali [2] Ada Library
> Information [1] file
>
> I would suppose this could be needed in the case of
> generic-related-uses, but as that does not seem to be the case here, I
> would expect only a dependency to a-calend.ads

There are a whole lot of pragma Inline's in Ada.Calendar'spec (in the
private part).

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gnat_ugn/Inlining-of-Subprograms.html

* Re: Understanding the dependency to a-calend.adb introduced by gnatcoll-xref.adb in gnatcoll-xref.ali
@ 2015-08-25  7:51   ` David SAUVAGE
From: David SAUVAGE @ 2015-08-25  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 11:34:47 AM UTC+4, Simon Wright wrote:
> There are a whole lot of pragma Inline's in Ada.Calendar'spec (in the
> private part).
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gnat_ugn/Inlining-of-Subprograms.html

Oh yes many thanks Simon, I missed that the GNATColl.Xref unit has been built with -O2.