From: "Srinivasan, R" <gitas@roanoke.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Bit manipulation facilities in Ada
Date: 1998/11/21
Date: 1998-11-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I wish I could take this course. Compression and Cryptology are two of my
pet interests. I have written a fair bit of code in Ada in this arena. IMHO
Ada is perfect for this purpose.

C in particular is horrible IMHO -- if you ever want to go back and study
the programs sometime later on. In spite of the years of C programming
experience, I find even code from reputable journals like Dr Dobbs are
somewhat unintelligble.

If you would like some samples, I will be happy to send them.