From: Vincent <vincent.diemunsch@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: GCC 5.1.0 for Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 05:01:55 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-06-01T05:01:55-07:00	[thread overview]

> If you're prepared to stick with GCC 4.6!
>
> http://dragonegg.llvm.org/#gettingrelease

No for sure, I'am not. But why is it so ? I understand that GCC produces still faster code, so it has little insterest to switch to LLVM...

But I see two main reasons to use LLVM :
1. one could have a "portable" inline assembly, using LLVM instead of native assembly code.
2. one could have "portable" binaries, that would be recompiled on the target machine. This is great if you plan to sell a Library for instance. It is comparable to Java but much faster.

Regards,

Vincent