From: dewar@gnat.com
Subject: Re: Problems with ADA libraries
Date: 1998/11/06
Date: 1998-11-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article
<36423ddc.24016891@SantaClara01.news.InterNex.Net>,
  tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran) wrote:
> It's Ada.Calendar, with an 'a', not calender.

I didn't see my earlier post, so I will briefly repeat it.
If you had used the proper name for this package (which is
Ada.Calendar, and not simply Calendar, which is an old
obsolete usage for Ada 83 compatibility that should not be
used in new Ada 95 code), then GNAT would have given you a
nice error message:

     1. with Ada.Calender; use Ada.Calender;

        >>> "ada.calender" is not a predefined library unit
        >>> possible misspelling of "ada.calendar"

But we can't give that message for Calender, since there is
nothing to stop you naming your own package Calender!

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

P.S. it is not immediately obvious how GNAT knows enough to
give this message, if you are interested in looking have a
look at the par-load.adb file (hint: it has to do with file
name crunching!)