From: "Frank Oppenheimer" <Frank.Oppenheimer@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
To: Gerhard Griessnig <grie@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Subject: Re: ADA vs VHDL
Date: 1998/10/30
Date: 1998-10-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Gerhard Griessnig wrote:

> Hello!
> We are two Austrian Students and visit this group for the first time.
>
> We need a comparison between VHDL and ADA in  Hardware/Software -
> Codesign and simulation.
> Does anybody know needful information or literature.
>
>                 Thanks for all answers
>
>                                         Gerhard & Peter
Hello to Austria,

	we are currently working in Ada95/VHDL cosimulation project. So we have
	some experience in cosimulation and codesign with Ada and VHDL.
	Since your question was rather unspecific I can just recommend the
	following refernces.

B�ttger, J; Ecker, W.: Comparing Ada'95 and VHDL for Behavioural Hardware
Description on Causal and Synchronous Level. Proceedings of the SIG-VHDL Spring
Working Conference: VHDL User's Forum in Europe, Publication Service of the
University of Cantabria,
1997

Ecker, W.; B�ttger, J.: Evaluation of Ada'95 and VHDL for System Level Modeling.
Proceedings of the VIUF Spring 1997 Conference, Santa Clara, USA, 1997

Sheraga, R. J.: ANSI C to Behavioral VHDL Translator, Ada to Behavioral VHDL
Translator. The RASSP Digest, Vol. 3, September 1996, Available on the WWW from
URL http://rassp.scra.org/newsletter/html/96sep/news_11.html

Tempelmeier, T.: VHDL and Ada. Proceedings of the Fourth Symposium Ada in
Aerospace. To appear, Brussel Eurospace, Paris 1993

Frank

P.S> Most of those papers are also available in german.

--
Dipl. Inform. Frank Oppenheimer	| Entwurf integrierter Schaltungen
Universit"at Oldenburg (FB 10)  | frank.oppenheimer@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de