From: "Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen.adalog@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: ADA vs VHDL
Date: 1998/10/30
Date: 1998-10-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Gerhard Griessnig a �crit dans le message
<3638C82B.ECC52B40@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>...
>Hello!
>We are two Austrian Students and visit this group for the first time.
>
>We need a comparison between VHDL and ADA in  Hardware/Software -
>Codesign and simulation.
>Does anybody know needful information or literature.

There is a connection between the languages; in a sense, VHDL is to hardware
what Ada is to software. For example, there is an Ada CD-ROM tha includes
also
some VHDL.

If you want to have a picture of Ada, the best is to turn to
http://www.adahome.com.
I don't know of a similar place for VHDL, but you should find it using any
usual
search engine.

As far as codesign is concerned, I remember years ago seeing a tool that
would generate VHDL for the hardware part and Ada for the software.
But it was a long time ago, and I'm sorry I can't give more precisions.
                  J-P. Rosen (Rosen.Adalog@wanadoo.fr)
      Visit Adalog's web site at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/adalog