From: Ada novice <posts@gmx.us>
Subject: Re: installing SPARK GPL on Windows
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2010-08-07T14:00:20-07:00	[thread overview]

On Aug 7, 9:37 pm, Phil Thornley <phil.jpthorn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It all worked out-of-the box for me (Windows 7 Pro).
>
> Are you sure that you have the path set correctly (and have you
> restarted after changing the path - that sometimes helps).
>
> The SPARK GPS manual says that the plug-in is only installed if GPS
> finds the SPARK tools in the path.  You can check this by opening up a
> command window and typing "spark -version".  This just responds with
> the current version of SPARK and doesn't try to analyse any files.

I could make it work. Actually I put C:\SPARK\2010\bin at the end of
my path and this was creating problem. I tested to run spark -version
and it wasn't working. However as it worked when I changed the
directory to C:\SPARK\2010\bin, I knew there is something wrong in the
path. So I moved C:\SPARK\2010\bin at the beginning of the path and
now it works fine. Now I have SPARK in GPS. I wonder why SPARK didn't
run when it was at the end of the path. It might be that something is
set wrong in my path and I need to verify this.

> > On a related note, if I understand correctly then SPARK GPL only
> > features a subset of the Ada language. Does this implies that not
> > every program in Ada will work with SPARK?
>
> Ahhh, you definitely need to read a bit more about SPARK.  Start with
> the SPARK_LRM in SPARK\2010\docs which has all the background and
> rationale for the language.

Thanks. I shall do that.

Thanks again
YC